The 1st “Recycling and Environmental Education Park” is located in the wider area of the Town Hall of Agioi Anargyroi - Kamatero (61, Dimokratias Ave.). This park is an innovative initiative as it is fully in line with both the “National Waste Management Plan” of Greece and the European Commission's priorities for packaging recycling. It is open 7 days a week and is visited daily by 200 to 400 students to recycle and attend environmental education workshops. Parents can also come with their children on weekends and enjoy the park area as well as recycling process.
Goals of the “Recycling and Environmental Education Park”
“Recycling and Environmental Education Park” aims to further environmental education and awareness in young people, as well as to increase citizens' participation in the recycling process. The Park covers an area of 3 acres and is the ideal destination for young people, students and their families, a Recycling Multi-site, which includes:
- Automatic rewarding recycling machines, for the recycling of metal, plastic or glass items of packaging with a substantial incentive, as well as prizes for recyclers
- The Environmental Education Center, where primary and secondary school students and young people receive Environmental Education courses and gain environmental awareness, while understanding the important benefits offered by the recycling process. It is noted that all educational material is approved by the Institute of Educational Policy of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs. In this context, it organizes lectures and events for students in schools focusing on sustainable development and sustainability. More importantly, it organizes the "Panhellenic Educational Recycling Competition for Students" twice a year with great success, in Municipalities all over the country, under the auspices of His Beatitude the Archbishop of Athens & All of Greece, Ieronymos and in collaboration with the "Mission" (Charitable Organization of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens). Primary and Secondary School pupils return metal, plastic and glass items of packaging for recycling, using the Integrated Rewarding Recycling System. From high-tech recycling machines for metal, plastic and glass items of packaging, every time an item is returned, a coupon for the Recycling Competition is automatically printed. The three school classes that return the most packaging material for recycling (and thus have the greatest involvement in the recycling process) will earn great prizes; prizes that will attract students to participate in the recycling process and in environmental protection.
- The Workshop of Creative Environmental Education, where products and works of art are created using recyclable materials.
- The Environmental Games Area where kids learn how to recycle packaging and the benefits of environmental protection by playing.
- The Amphitheater, a multipurpose hall for musical and theatrical events centered around recycling and the environment.
- The Botanical Garden, with more than 100 different species of Greek plants, as well as an eco lake.
Address: 61, Demokratias Agioi Anargyroi
Telephone: +30 210 2610220
Working Days & Hours: Monday-Sunday: 07.30 – 22.00